We provide a hand up not a hand out.
Basic mission. Helping men and woman with a hand up to get themselves to a place of sobriety and self sufficiency.
- We will offer assistance in:
- Getting off the streets
- Getting a meal
- Getting a shower
- Clean clothes
- Clean safe bed
- Enrolling in insurance programs
- Enrolling in SNAP programs
- Enrolling in detox and treatment programs
- Child care to insure employment security
- Employment services
- Criminal past assistance
Once the client has been medically cleared from the hospital they can come to THUP.
If they struggle with addiction issues we assist in finding them a bed at a treatment facility.
Once they complete their treatment program they can return to THUP for a two year program.
They are assigned a bed and a roommate.
They are fed 3x per day
They then participate in the daily spiritual fitness program.
Consisting of but not limited to:
- Gentle exercise and yoga
- Volunteering in the community
- Daily meetings with case workers
- Daily meetings with mentors
- Daily AA meetings
- One on one meetings with sponsors
- Employment training programs
- And special services depending on personal needs.
Each client will have a personal profile kept.
A caseworker would determine a living plan for the client.
The goal is after a two year maximum stay the clients are in a place of well being enough to have an income and a safe place to live off the streets.
Thup will work closely with outside organizations that house the mentally ill to keep them off the streets for good.
To insure the safety and success of the residence the clients will undergo regular drug screenings and evaluations with a zero tolerance policy.
The clients will have to agree to participate to the best of their ability in the spiritual fitness program.